Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Updated: Monday, April 6, 2020 - 3:30 pm
Activity and Event Updates
- St. Patty's Day Party - 3/17/2020 - Cancelled
- MCSO Bowling - 3/18/2020 - Cancelled
- Ladies Night - 3/19/2020 - Cancelled
- Movie and Munchies: Breakthrough - 3/20/2020 - Cancelled
- Community Connections: LeRoy Community Theater (Lottery) - 3/21/2020 - Cancelled
- Board of Directors Meeting - 3/23/2020 - Phone Conference
- Taste of Mower County Committee Meeting - 3/23/2020 - Phone Conference
- People First Aktion Club Officers Meeting - 3/24/2020 - Cancelled
- People First Aktion Club Meeting - 3/24/2020 - Cancelled
- MCSO Bowling - 3/25/2020 - Cancelled
- Creative Arts: Austin Artworks Center - 3/26/2020 - Cancelled
- Community Connections: Harlem Globetrotters (Lottery) - 3/27/2020 - Postponed, Date To Be Determined
- Newsletter Assembly - 3/30/2020 - Cancelled
- Bingo - 3/31/2020 - Cancelled
- MCSO Bowling - 4/01/2020 - Cancelled
- Kitchen Creations - 4/02/2020 - Cancelled
- 4-H Adventure Club - 4/03/2020 - Cancelled
- Community Connections: Lunch (Culvers) and Movie (Peter Rabbit 2) - 4/04/2020 - Cancelled
- 25th Annual Rose Sale Delivery and Pick-Up - 4/07/2020 - Postponed to June 16, 2020
- MCSO Bowling - 4/08/2020 - Cancelled
- Self-Advocates Minnesota (SAM) Meeting - 4/09/2020 - Cancelled
- Moving and Grooving with Brian Lewis - 4/14/2020
- MCSO Bowling - 4/15/2020 - Cancelled
- Guys Night - 4/16/2020
- Friday Night Live/Open Center - 4/17/2020
- Community Connections: International Owl Center - 4/18/2020
- Taste of Mower County Committee Meeting - 4/20/2020
- Bingo - 4/21/2020
- MCSO Bowling Rock and Bowl - 4/22/2020 - Postponed, Date To Be Determined
- Movie and Munchies: Playing With Fire - 4/23/2020
- 10th Annual Taste of Mower County - 4/26/2020 - Postponed, Date To Be Determined
- Board of Directors Meeting - 4/27/2020
- People First Aktion Club Officers Meeting - 4/28/2020
- People First Aktion Club Meeting - 4/28/2020
- Community Connections: Home Free Concert (Lottery) - 4/29/2020 - Postponed to October 21, 2020
- Creative Arts: Melted Crayon Art - 4/30/2020
- 4-H Adventure Club - 5/01/2020 - Cancelled
- Community Connections: Kenny Chesney Concert (Lottery) - 05/02/2020 - Postponed, Date To Be Determined
- Spring 2020 Vacation: Des Moines, Iowa - 05/12/2020 through 05/14/2020
- Spring Formal/Prom Dinner and Dance - 05/16/2020
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Links
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information from the Minnesota Department of Health
- COVID-19 Response and Preparation from Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan
- COVID-19 Information By and For People with Disabilities
- Social distancing: Six virtual tours you can take if you're stuck at home
- Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You can Take On Your Couch
Join LIFE Mower County for a
March 27, 2020
Coronavirus Stimulus Payments - Recovery Rebates
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act authorized stimulus payments to be made to many people in the United States called Recovery Rebates.
Who is eligible for Recovery Rebates? The payments are available to many people, even people who do not make enough money to file taxes usually. People who are undocumented, lack Social Security numbers, file with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or adults who were claimed as dependents are not are not eligible.
How much is the payment? $1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for married couples who filed jointly. There is a $500 supplemental payment per child. People whose adjusted gross income was less than $75,000 for a single individual or $150,000 for married filing jointly are eligible for the full payment. The payment is gradually reduced for incomes above those levels, tapering off altogether at $99,000 for individuals and $198,000 for couples.
Do asset and income limits apply to these payments? No. Because these payments are like tax rebates, they “shall not be taken into account as resources for a period of 12 months from receipt, for purposes of determining the eligibility of such individual (or any other individual) for benefits or assistance (or the amount or extent of benefits or assistance) under any Federal program or under any State or local program financed in whole or in part with Federal funds” (26 U.S. Code § 6409). This means that people with disabilities can accept these payments without putting Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and other benefits at risk.
Do people have to fill out a form to get the payment? Only some people. The payments will be issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), like a tax refund, and if a person filed taxes in 2018 or in 2019, the payment will be made automatically to the bank account or address that the IRS has on file. There may be other automatic payments. We do not know when the payments will be made.
Can people on SSI or Social Security get payments? Yes. But many people may need to file tax returns. We are working with the Administration and Congress to make the process as automatic as possible for everyone.
As the novel coronavirus continues to grip our communities, we are reaching out to you to help us ensure our members who live independently, with family or in group homes remain happy, healthy, and safe during the days and weeks ahead.
LIFE Mower County is looking for donations of healthy snacks, hygienic supplies, board games, DVDs, craft supplies, coloring books, gift cards to grocery stores & carryout/delivery restaurants, easy to make food items, etc. These items will be delivered to those members in need.
Please call 507-433-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before dropping items off or to request items to picked up. We want to make sure someone will be present to accept your donation.
Pop available for sale
If you are interested in purchasing pop, please call 507-433-8994 or email email@example.com and we can have it ready for pick-up or to request delivery. Costs are the same as they are in the machine right now.